Harbor Shores Unveils Nature & Fitness Trails
BENTON HARBOR, Mich., August 7, 2012 – Harbor Shores, a 530-acre residential, golf, recreational and waterfront community, today announced the unveiling of the Nature & Fitness Trails. The Trails, which are open to the public, run along Lake Michigan, the Paw Paw River and the St. Joseph River and consist primarily of six different Loops located within the Harbor Shores community, Jean Klock Park and downtown Benton Harbor. The paths are all connected to total a 12-mile trail system.
"The Nature & Fitness Trails at Harbor Shores offer a great collection of natural and urban trails that are open to the public,” said Kerry Wright, Director of Sales and Marketing, Harbor Shores. "We feel it is important to encourage exercise in our community as it truly fits into the Harbor Shores lifestyle and look forward to our residents and the public using the Trails for a variety of physical activities.”
The Nature & Fitness Trails offer various surfaces meant for multi-purpose use including concrete, asphalt, natural sand and gravel. Depending on the season, the Trails can be used for activities such as biking and walking as well as cross country skiing or snowshoeing.
Nature & Fitness Trails Details
- The "Championship Loop” (3.35 mile circuit) runs from North Shore Drive east to Upton Drive and from Graham Avenue north to Klock Road. Within the Loop are the Trailside cottages, the Fairways neighborhood, holes 1-5 at The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, a boat ramp, parking and restroom facilities.
- The "Jean Klock Park Loop” (1.42 mile circuit) runs from M-63 east to Lake Michigan and from Klock Road north to Grand Boulevard. There is a picnic pavilion located within Jean Klock Park, as well as two scenic points.
- The "Harbor’s Edge Loop” (1.47 mile circuit) runs from the Paw Paw River east to Lake Michigan and from the St. Joseph River north to Whitwam Drive. The Harbor’s Edge Loop will be the future site of the Harbor Village development that includes a marina, boutique hotel, condominiums and cottages.
- The "River’s Edge Loop” (1.89 mile circuit) runs from North Shore Drive east to M-63 and from the row of Hideway cottages south to Klock Road.
- The "Arts District Loop” (1.28 mile circuit) in downtown Benton Harbor runs from Paw Paw Avenue east to Water Street and from Main Street North Graham Avenue.
- The "Commerce Loop” (1.86 mile circuit) runs from Water Street east to Riverview Drive and from Main Street north Graham Avenue.
- While the majority of the Harbor Shores Nature & Fitness Trails have been completed and are open to the public, there are portions that are expected to be finished by December 2012. For more information about the trails and a map indicating all six Loops, parking, restroom facilities, scenic points and more, please visit http://www.harborshoreslife.com/nature-trails.html or pick up a pamphlet at the Harbor Shores Real Estate Office (201 Graham Ave., Benton Harbor).
About Harbor Shores
Harbor Shores is Lake Michigan’s first beach and golf community, just 90 minutes east of Chicago in Benton Harbor/St. Joseph, Mich. The community’s central amenity is an 18-hole, public Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course. The challenging course winds through a variety of terrain including wetlands, riverside and hardwood forest and offers stunning views of Lake Michigan from lakeside holes. The 530-acre residential, golf, recreational and waterfront community plans to feature a full calendar of events and world-class amenities, including a marina village and riverwalk, town center with restaurants and shops, health and fitness center, deep-water marinas, with a boutique hotel and spa, miles of recreational trails and rivers, and acres of parks and green space. Harbor Shores will be home to nearly 600 residences, including charming cottages, signature homes, town homes and condominiums. Current real estate opportunities include golf and riverfront homesites, riverfront cottages, golf view homes and condominiums. For more information about the Harbor Shores community and golf course, visit www.harborshoreslife.com.